Dec 20, 2012
In June we announced that we had begun a private BETA of Airship Commander. Several of our clients had also began to use the app internally to push notifications to users of their apps. Today we are happy to announce that we submitted version 1.0 to Apple for approval.
Nov 20, 2012
We have totally modernized the code base of our talk timing app SpeakerClock so that we can bring you some exciting new features in the next major release.
- ADDED: Launch images for all devices and resolutions
- ADDED: iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support
- FIXED: Preset values not getting saved if the app gets terminated
- FIXED: Presets might not be showing after purchase
The update has been submitted to Apple and is waiting for review.
Update Nov 27th: The update has been approved by Apple.
Nov 06, 2012
This version of our app that knows all about Daily Savings Time is minor update that fixes reminders and adds support for the taller iPhone 5 screen.
Oct 06, 2012
This maintenance release for Linguan fixes a number of issues which where mostly reported by our users.
- FIXED: blank path to ibtool considered valid
- FIXED: broken display of relative paths
- FIXED: weird handling of tab and return while editing
- FIXED: Endless Loop with File Change Notifications
- FiXED: Scan Sources did not add a token that was just removed
- FIXED: Superfluous file modification message on saving
- FIXED: Ordering by key should ignore case
Also we had to add a beautiful Retina icon for Retina MacBook Pro to be able to submit the update. It’s in Apple’s hands now and we will update this post as soon as it is through review.
We have to keep our fingers crossed because due to the way Linguan uses the xcodeproj it cannot be (easily) sandboxed. Though Apple had stated that they will accept minor fixes (like the ones mentioned above) for updates. We sincerely hope that they will honor this.
Update Oct 6th: Apple approved the update after 24 days. You can get it on the app store.
Sep 06, 2012
Our Summertime is a handy little tool that shows you when the next DST switch is in your local time zone. The newest version brings these improvements:
- Fixed: Cannot search for timezones that have a space.
- Fixed: Some missing Time Zone localizations
- Fixed: Text alignment issues with longer count down durations or Time Zone names
- Fixed: Time Zone names not getting updated if system language was changed
- Fixed: Broken Reminder function
- Changed: first page is now always the local time zone
- Improved: Scrolling Performance in Timezone selector
There were some other “crufty” things that we addressed behind the scenes. The project was converted to ARC and the import process for localized timezone names was parallel-ized to achieve the much improved scrolling performance.
Aug 07, 2012
GeoCorder was having a problem that only became apparent if used over longer durations. Also it was quite elusive so we needed to open a technical support ticket with Apple to get help in finding it. And so we did, or more precisely: they found it and we fixed it.
- FIXED: Crash when recording for a long duration
- FIXED: Various stability improvements
Updates for both the free and the paid versions have been submitted to Apple.
Update August 15th: now available.
Jun 26, 2012
iWoman is approaching the end of support for iOS 3. This update fixes a minor bug and adds import/export functionality to allow you to move to a new iPhone that is able to run iOS 4 or higher.
– FIXED a bug that could lead to new cycles not being added to the cycle list upon pushing the Add button.
– ADDED functionality for importing and exporting your database to a text file which is accessible via iTunes.
The update has been submitted to Apple and will be released as soon as it is approved.
Jun 25, 2012
The 1.1.1 version of anything is always something special. Linguan 1.1.0 brought the first new feature in the form of support for localizing XIB files. Linguan 1.1.1 now contains some hot fixes to address several inconvenient bugs.
- FIXED: Problem with invalid UTF8 characters coming out of ibtool
- FIXED: Broken Compatibility with OS X 10.6
- FIXED: Changes to the Toolbar did not get saved
- FIXED: Checkbox missing to enable/disable XIB support
The update has been submitted to Apple and will be auto-released once it passes inspection.
When reporting issues with Linguan please always create a small sample Xcode project with the bare bones contents to be able to reproduce the problem. This enables us to fix it all the more quickly.
Update July 6th: Update is now available on the app store.
Jun 08, 2012
My fingers have started hurting from keeping them crossed for the past week. We submitted the Linguan 1.1 update for review just in time before the Sandboxing deadline hit on June 1st. Linguan has two problems with sandboxing:
- Currently the user picks an xcodeproj and Linguan processes the files linked from that. With sandboxing this is no longer possible, we have to modify it such that the user would pick a project folder instead through powerbox to gain access to all contained files.
- The new version is remote-controlling the ibtool command line utility contained in Xcode. I’ve not done any research but it is highly likely that sandboxing will not allow this either.
So you can understand our situation? Either release it now, or never. Well may be not really never, but it will take a lot of time to reverse-engineer ibtool so that we can include the functionality directly in the app binary.