Since the previous maintenance release was 4 months ago, I decided to make a new release with the contributions made since then. DTCoreText is not being actively developed further by me because by this time the HTML-parsing capabilities built into iOS 9 and 10 are sufficient for most peoples needs. But since I keep getting good pull requests (with unit tests a welcome extra) I keep releasing these every couple of months.
In 2012, when I had been working full time in iOS development for 2 years, I used to frequently see tweets about companies looking for Apple developers. This is why I established the @XcodeJobs twitter account because I felt it would make most sense to retweet those job offers with a dedicated channel.
My thinking was that if you were looking for your next iOS gig you would just follow this channel and – once you found it – you could simply unfollow it. At the same time I wouldn’t spam people who are not looking for a job with these job offers.
There is bug in Xcode 8 that has not yet been fixed as of Xcode 8.2.1. If you running macOS Sierra you might find that Xcode hangs if you try to open a project, for example via Finder or the open command. The original bug report was filed as rdar://29319747 which mine was closed as a duplicate of.
Our customer found the following issue. In our apps we are showing some sheets for displaying progress to the user (downloading a bunch of images for example). I was not aware that if you ALT + CLICK in macOS ouside your window it gets hidden. When you do this and dismiss the sheet meanwhile an empty sheet remains on top of your window.
This bug is filed as rdar://30071930 and on Open Radar.
There is a bug in Xcode 8.2 that – after upgrading to this version – it is no longer able to build your project. The build error message is:
Use Legacy Swift Language Version” (SWIFT_VERSION) is required to be configured correctly for targets which use Swift.
We saw this in projects where we are not using any legacy Swift, i.e. everything is Swift 3. Also there is a project-wide setting to NOT use legacy Swift. The new bug seems to ignore the project-setting.
If you want to be successful in international markets you need to localize your app in as many languages as you can. For iWoman we use POEditor.com. As the number of localization grows it becomes increasingly time-consuming to update all localizations in your Xcode project, let alone deal with plurals which are not supported in the XLIFF format.
Today I am showing off, how I got the update process to be a matter of seconds. I achieved this by writing a POEditor.com API and building a command line tool – I call POET (for POEditor Tool) which greatly simplifies the update process.