Since I became full-time self-employed in January 2014 I have created and maintained several Open Source projects. I have developed a certain style – “best practises” – to keeping the projects in good shape. Because of this I felt it an easy second topic to prepare a talk for.
My outline was:
- Structuring your project for the open source repository (core, demo, test)
- Working with “the successful git branching model”
- Using Resource Bundles to group your resources
- No-worry auto-generated documentation via appledoc
- How Travis-CI unit-testing simplifies dealing with pull requests
- Implementing CocoaPods support
- Working with GitHub issues, milestones and making shining releases
Here’s the result, slides are available as PDF.
More info about ProductLayer can be found here.