When Miquido asked me for proposals for two talks the first one was easy. Since I had been working on barcode-related technologies for the better part of a year, I felt that I had many interesting things to share.
My outline was loosely based on the table of contents of my book:
- A primer on barcode technology – so you won’t embarrass yourself talking about it
- The kinds of barcode symbologies supported in iOS and where to find them
- Getting to know AV Foundation for barcode scanning
- The case for generating barcodes on mobile devices, Core Image and BarCodeKit
- Connecting the digital and physical worlds
And here’s the resulting talk. I recorded it with a label microphone on an old iPhone and recorded the slideshow with Quicktime Player. Slides are available as PDF.
More info about ProductLayer can be found here.