In most modern projects we had moved to NSURLSession, but for a very dated codebase using DTDownload via Cococapods I needed to craft a new release which contained all the fixes for the 2 years since the version 1.1.2 release. It is tagged on GitHub and available via Cocoapods.
- ADDED: downloads can be paused by setting concurrent downloads to 0
- ADDED: Support for If-Modified-Since, treated as cancel in case of 304
- ADDED: Download cancelling
- ADDED: Progress for DTDownloadCache + DTDownload
- FIXED: Problem with translucent images getting a black background
- FIXED: Various build issues and failing unit tests
- FIXED: Crash trying to decompress too large images
- FIXED: Problem parsing CEST Time Zone
- FIXED: Unnecessary image decompression if there is an image already in memory
- FIXED: Podfile, DTAsyncFileDeleter is now subspec
- CHANGED: Limit image decompression to single background serial queue
Some updates to the pod spec were necessary due to changes in DTFoundation, where DTAsyncFileDeleter was moved into a subspec.
Thanks to gugmaster for his contributions to this release!
Also published on Medium.