When researching documentation comments for a talk I’ll be giving at a conference I got stumped by this issue with Xcode 6.0.1. When I created a fresh project the documentation popup would be instantly updated, but when changing documentation in my larger projects (e.g. DTFoundation or DTCoreText) the updated would never happen.
Filed as rdar://18394363 and on Open Radar.
In a fresh project Xcode reflects changes to documentation comments right away if you click on a method with Option+Click. In a larger project it fails to update.
Steps to Reproduce
- in terminal, clone my DTFoundation project from GitHub:git clone https://github.com/Cocoanetics/DTFoundation.git
- cd DTFoundation
- open DTFoundation.xcodeproj
- open DTActionSheet.h
- Option+Click on initWithTitle: – note that the description matches the comment
- Modify the comment, adding text. e.g. “foo bar”
- (necessary?) CMD+S to save, CMD+B to build
- added text “foo bar” should appear in the second Option+Click popup
- original text without “foo bar” appears.
If you create a new project the updating of the bubble works right away, even without having to CMD+S, CMD+B.
This screenshot shows that the Option+Click help bubble did not update.
Categories: Bug Reports