There are apparently a great many views on Mac that don’t behave properly if you enable layer-backing. I recently reported a bug in drawing NSTextField backgrounds together with layer-backing, now here is a bug I found in NSBox.
Filed as rdar://13059657
An NSBox displaying a horizontal line as subview of a layer-backed NSView does not size correctly.
Steps to Reproduce
- Have an NSView that you enable layer-backing on with setWantsLayer:YES
- In Interface Builder add a “Horizontal Line” element to this view
- Size it such that it goes the entire width of the superview and layout contraints are 0 px for left and right
- The horizontal line should keep sizing together with the superview
- The horizontal line only grows to around 1588px
- If you disable layer backing on the superview the behavior returns to normal
- Appears to be a problem with layer backing.
Possibly related to rdar://problem/13006140 where a text field background is not sized correctly in layer-backed mode.
Categories: Bug Reports