This new release is about fully integrating In App Purchases (IAP) into MyAppSales. Until now I did not need for IAPs to be displayed correctly because none of my apps have them. But my friends over at Crowded Road kept insisting that this is a key feature, so I invested some time to give IAP the special treatment.
- FIXED: Prevent app from saving incomplete reports without a date. This would cause a crash on subsequent starts of the app. There are also additional measures to prevent loading such a report should it be present in the database.
- FIXED: Added missing country FI as identifier for Europe region of financial reports.
- FIXED: Added missing country CO as identifier for USA region.
- FIXED: Correct spelling of country Vietnam. This would cause a financial report with this country in the first line to be detected as “rest of world”.
- CHANGED: If you have reports from more than one app grouping (aka Apple account) then reports for those no longer show the apps of other groupings.
- CHANGED: Apps and IAPs are now child classes of Product to allow for polymorphism.
- ADDED: IAP Products are now kept in a separate table from apps
- ADDED: IAP support on the overview and country detail report views
- ADDED: IAP support for export via built-in web server
The other reporting apps I had a look at tread IAPs just like regular apps, because at first glance they look the same in Apple’s reports. They have an apple identifier, but it’s not valid to open iTunes with it. To tell IAPs apart from apps you have to look for the IA1 transaction code and the filled in parent code. In the table the transaction is represented as 101 because it needs to be numeric.
Personally I am opposed to showing IAPs at the same level as apps and therefore MyAppSales shows you IAPs as part of the total royalties and average daily sales on the app page and also integrates it into the report views. If you don’t have IAPs you will not notice any difference in the UI.
Still you are encouraged to update your working copy to the latest version in the repo’s trunk or the release-1.0.13 tag because of the multitude of small fixes contained and for IAPs to be handled correctly should you ever have any on any report.
Bug reports or feature requests please add to my bug tracker.