This version of our app that knows all about Daily Savings Time is minor update that fixes reminders and adds support for the taller iPhone 5 screen.
Our Summertime is a handy little tool that shows you when the next DST switch is in your local time zone. The newest version brings these improvements:
- Fixed: Cannot search for timezones that have a space.
- Fixed: Some missing Time Zone localizations
- Fixed: Text alignment issues with longer count down durations or Time Zone names
- Fixed: Time Zone names not getting updated if system language was changed
- Fixed: Broken Reminder function
- Changed: first page is now always the local time zone
- Improved: Scrolling Performance in Timezone selector
There were some other “crufty” things that we addressed behind the scenes. The project was converted to ARC and the import process for localized timezone names was parallel-ized to achieve the much improved scrolling performance.
Summertime is my app that helps you to never be surprised by Daylight Savings Time transitions. A customer nudged me to update the app in time for the upcoming transitions. Since he is traveling a lot I needed to add the capability of configuring multiple time zones.
I spend several days to enhance the functionality as described below and to polish it to a level where I can release it in time for the upcoming DST transitions. March 13th in the US and March 27th in Europe.
- NEW: Completely new Design
- NEW: Set multiple time zones for your travels
- NEW: Choose “Local Time Zone” to be automatically updated to your local time zone
- NEW: Multi-Language Time Zone picker
The update is now under review by Apple.