Oct 05, 2009
In the reviews (which we are now getting with MyAppSales *g*) we saw some complaints which this update aims to address:
- Customers complained of some really “bad English”. Native English speaker Michael Kayne of SendMeToSpace.co.uk volunteered to proof-read and massively correct all of this.
- Due to a partially intentional “bug” some people who bought the full version saw advertisements on the end-of-round screen. Since they gave rather passionate feedback against that we decided to end this experiment. First via disabling ads on the AdMob dashboard, and now by removing the ad code altogether from the full 1.1.2 version.
As usual we dropped to price to $1 until Apple gives it the nod. We sent them the binary yesterday.
Aug 22, 2009
The version with three ones is always something special for me. That’s why I added several features to LuckyWheel 1.1.1 that have long been requested.
- ADDED: Button to turn on/off sound effects, so you can now listen your your music without disturbance
- ADDED: End-Of-Round Screen which shows total standings so far
- CHANGED: You no longer loose all your previous points when hitting “bankrupt” but just the current round ones
- CHANGED: Game state is always being saved even when on the End-Of-Round screen. Continue then starts with the next round. If this already was the last round then no continue is possible.
- CHANGED: A new design for the buttons to replace the previously used blue standard buttons
- FIXED: 2 minor spelling mistakes corrected in proverbs
- ADDED: Lite Version now showing ad banner whenever a computer opponent has his turn.
- ADDED: End-Of-Round screen also shows an unobtrusive ad.
Since the Lite version is constantly being downloaded around 400 times per day I gave in to the temptation and added AdMob advertisements. I think they will make waiting for an AI opponent to finish less boring. When it’s your turn they always make room.
And to say “Thank you” to all those people who are downloading the Lite version we have doubled the number of available proverbs to guess for free!
Both versions have been submitted to Apple. Hopefully it can get approved soon so that you can reap all those benefits.
Update September 4th: After 13 days both updates have been approved and are now in the app store.
Jun 12, 2009
Lately LuckyWheel has been seeing wonderful growth in a couple of markets as I am able to see on Applyzer.
That was enough reason for my partner Michael and me to give the UI a major pimping and add a couple of bonusses some of users have been wishing for a long time.
- Fixed: Continue Button might not get enabled even though continue is possible
- Fixed: If player finishes round the bonus and score would not be shown correctly
- New: UI Look redesigned
- New: Play now against 1 or 2 AI opponents with random difficulty level
- New: Question language can now be chosen from inside the game
I’m especially proud of the latter two. Inventing a good AI that is a challenge to play against is really hard. And the language selector is a scroll view which you can switch either with two arrow buttons on either side or with your finger.
It’s been submitted to Apple today, let’s see how long they are taking now to approve updates with the 3.0 rush going on.
We have one more thing planned for the update after this on. I want to redo the score screen and show this after each round. So if you hit the bankrupt field you only lose the current round’s points. Also I will to some more animations there. As usual let us know what
UPDATE June 16th
Of course I missed something that Apple could use to reject the update.
Thank you for submitting LuckyWheel and LuckyWheel Lite to the App Store. We’ve reviewed LuckyWheel and LuckyWheel Lite and determined that we cannot post these versions of your iPhone applications to the App Store because of an Apple trademark image. We want to remind you of the importance of following Apple’s posted Guidelines for Using Apple’s Trademarks and Copyrights: <http://www.apple.com/legal/trademark/guidelinesfor3rdparties.html>
As an example of my trademark infringement they attached an image similar to the one above with the new player setup screen. Can you guess what their problem is? It’s the icon symbolizing a computer player! Apple does not like that it looks like an iPhone. We’ll have to think of something more original to symbolize switching between human and computer player.
UPDATE June 26th
After 10 days of waiting (probably Apple being swamped with 3.0 updates) LuckyWheel 1.1.0 finally got approved.
Apr 20, 2009
I finally got my Frenchy to translate the UI strings for LuckyWheel. Also we put in some Dutch “modernizations” because a Dutch review site had complained about the style.
- Added French UI and cleaned up French proverbs
- Dutch language improvements
Since there where no code changes Apple should be fairly quick to approve this update.
Mar 29, 2009
Since we released LuckyWheel 1.0.2 together with a Lite Version we have around 1000 new downloads every day. Of course we are listening to all the user feedback und therefore I am hastily pushing out a new update. This is mostly aimed at the many Italian users, but one change will also benefit Spanish and French players.
- Italian UI and Instructions added
- accented letters are now counted as guessed correctly if you guess the non-accented letter. i.e. E = È
- completely replaced Italian proverbs with cleaned up set
- prettier icon
Depending on how long Apple takes to check it out I guess you will see the update appear in about one week.
Mar 24, 2009
New Version out now!! Get it before the success goes to our heads and we decide to raise the price.
- added Spanish, Dutch, French, Italian proverbs
- added Spanish, Dutch Localization
- minor fixes
Also, Crazy Mike’s Apps graciously reviewed LuckyWheel and seems to like it, too!
“A Cool Game for the Price”.
“[…]found the puzzles to be quite challenging”
“A cool twist to this game is that it can be played in the English or German languages. You must change the language in your iPhone settings to do this, but this is a nice international option. The next Lucky Wheel version will have language options for English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, and Dutch (very cool).”
Also as of this version there is a LuckyWheel Lite that lets you play 10 word puzzles in every supported language.