This hot fix release for DTCoreText contains a pressing crashing bug related to changed behavior in iOS 8. It also adds support for animated GIFs. Plus a few other annoyances.
- FIXED: Traditional margin-* style value following -webkit-margin-* reset margin values to 0
- FIXED: iOS 8 crash resulting from Apple making CTRunGetPositionsPtr lazy
- FIXED: HTML element with text attachment and display:none would emit extra object placeholder
- FIXED: Child element with display:none would not be ignored when determining if parent needs to be output
- FIXED: Animated GIF only showing first frame
- FIXED: DTHTMLWriter does not output attachments
- CHANGED: Migrated unit testing to XCTest
- CHANGED: DTFoundation updated to 1.7.1 (for animated GIF support)
Note that the animated GIF support is only recommended for small size animated GIFs since it is using a method that keeps it compatible with UIImageView. Interestingly a UIImageView apparently automatically animates an image that has multiple frames. I only did an implementation for iOS because there we know for a fact that ImageIO does not properly deal with animated GIFs. Thanks to Kerem Erkan for contributing the iOS 8 fix.
On the maintenance side, Xcode 6 kept complaining that I was using a deprecated unit testing framework. So I finally migrated to XCTest since the Xcode version installed on Travis-CI build nodes is sufficiently recent to handle that.
The update is tagged as release on GitHub and also posted to CocoaPods.