Apple changed two column headings on the financial reports because apparently the June reports are the first ones which will also show eBook publishers their revenues.
- “Artist/Show/Developer” became “Artist/Show/Developer/Author”
- “Label/Studio/Network/Developer” became “Label/Studio/Network/Developer/Publisher”
There where quite a few hot fixes that I had to put into MyAppSales and also if you look at the code you’ll see that it’s in the middle of being migrated to CoreData. The latter is necessary because the current method of caching everything is really ugly code whereas CoreData will permit me to make the app perform way better and it only fetches data I truly need.
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I’m very busy with a major project for the last few months, so I cannot really muster the time right now to carry through this migration. But because this is a point of stability in MyAppSale’s live that I can publish it as a new version. Lots of people where continuing to use the previous “released” version because for some reason they feared that the “2.0 BETA” in the Subversion trunk might be unstable. When in reality it aways was the code I’ve been using on my iPhone.
Speaking of iPhone 4, you still need to build it with SDK 3.2 until further notice for exactly the reason I mentioned above: ugly caching. It works fine on my iPhone 4.
Here are some goodies that I also hacked into 1.0.16:
- Ability to remove individual reports. For example if something goes wrong during download.
- You can opt to show a report sum on the overview pages. This is slower because for it the app needs to fetch the sales data, so it will impact scrolling. But if you don’t scroll much then its a useful number to see at a glance.
- I’m now using the standard currency formatter for all amounts
Please update your copy from the repository as usual.