If you’re scratching your head, thinking to yourself “didn’t I just see a new version just 5 days ago?” then you are absolutely right. There really was a new version that recently. But that did not prevent me from going into overdrive and burn much midnight oil to get the next release out.
Buckle up, this is “The Review Release”!
- ADDED: Tapping on a row on the apps tab now shows the reviews sorted chronologically, new reviews have a red headline
- FIXED: A bug would cause a chart to hang if the user had sales in excess of a couple of thousand dollars per day or week. Yes, there are really such iPhone Developers who make boatloads of money and they use MyAppSales.
- CHANGED: Added compiler directive to prevent trying to build the project below SDK 3.0. I figure you are all developers out there and no serious developer would still have his iPhone on an OS below 3.0.
- CHANGED: The iTunes Connect downloading pipeline is now an NSOperation using synchronous calls. Added a ton of additional error catching code.
- ADDED: Buttons on the review screen to directly page to the previous or next report of the same type.
- ADDED: A multi-threaded review scraping engine which is also based on NSOperation. This is amazingly fast compared to competing engines, and all running completely on a background thread. So this can run while you are checking the new daily report.
- ADDED: Settings to allow enabling of review downloading and setting of the interval.
- ADDED: Badges on the app icons show the existence of new reviews.
- CHANGED: your database will be upgraded to schema version 3 with new tables for the review stuff.
- FIXED: The sync button on the review page is now properly disabled when the sync manager is active.
- ADDED: Monthly Free reports now get downloaded as well.
- Financial reports are still experimental and thus don’t get downloaded automatically. Sometimes they are labelled incorrectly and there are lots of other unsolved problems. Check the bug tracker to find out which.
- Sums are generated every time after there are new exchange rates or new reports. This might cause short periods of lagging.
As usual, before you upgrade, please make a backup of your apps.db. The upgrade should be straightforward, but it never hurts to have a backup. 😉
The release is tagged in /tags/release-1.0.8 and you may checkout this exact version either from the terminal or via XCode. Or you can simply “Update Entire Project” in XCode’s SCM Menu provided that you have linked your working copy with the repo.
If you have not donated yet to keep me improving MyAppSales, then please do so now to get access to this fabulous update. If you already did, you are welcome to show your continued appreciation by another small donation.