Apr 27, 2009
This update of MyAppSales brings two cosmetic fixes plus on fix for a bug that I accidentially introduced in 1.0.1.
- Added UTF-8 encoding header for import/export web server
- Reduced tab bar icons in size, removed text from the splash screen
- Fixed: On the reports root table the icons would not reflect that there are new reports in the daily/weekly category.
The last one was embarrassing enough to immediately release this version. I am updating the icons from an app-wide notification, but I did not consider that notifications only work if the Nib has already been loaded.
The new version can be checked out from the customer-only SVN.
Apr 26, 2009
With so many people using MyAppSales regularly I figured I’d spend a couple of hours working off tickets on the bug tracker. The most important one was causing an app crash if you had sales in one of the newly opened up app store countries.
- Fixed link for country icon retrieval
- Added 3 letter country names below country flags in report view
- Fixed incorrect target name and replaced all code signing identities with the auto-matching ones
- Implemented lazy loading of the 4 main view controllers to speed up startup
- Now all country codes are loaded from the database but only icons are loaded if the country occurs in a report
The new version 1.0.1 can be downloaded from the customer-only Subversion Repository. Source Code licenses are still available here if you’d like to join all those happy customers.
Apple’s double standard was shown to me once more, spoiling an otherwise beautiful Sunday. CXI Gaming was able to sneak iSales Tracker past Apples SDK Agreement and got approved within 2 weeks. How unfair is that?! I mailed Apple the link and and also resubmitted 1.0.1 just to nudge them once again. I also mailed CSI Gaming congratulating them on their luck and advising them to enjoy it while it lasts. The author of Sales Report told me that his first big update got rejected. Most likely the same will happen with iSales Tracker. So customers who first shell out 15 Euros might never get any updates.
As opposed to MyAppSales, where I will continue to provide free source-level support for customers…
Apr 20, 2009
I finally got my Frenchy to translate the UI strings for LuckyWheel. Also we put in some Dutch “modernizations” because a Dutch review site had complained about the style.
- Added French UI and cleaned up French proverbs
- Dutch language improvements
Since there where no code changes Apple should be fairly quick to approve this update.
Apr 13, 2009
NOTE: AppRanking has been deprecated in favor of Applyzer.
While other people where looking for easter eggs Michael Dorn searched for and eliminated some bugs unintential easter eggs in AppRanking. What’s new?
- An icon
- No more crashes when unchecking and reloading ranks
- Adding of your apps is now more intuitive, following the plus and minus paradigm.
- Minor: In the ranking history you need to click the category header twice to make the sort order change
- Minor: Some English spelling mistakes
AppRanking (No longer available, see above note)
It’s free, but please donate any amount that pleases you if you like AppRanking and want for Michael to keep improving it.
Apr 12, 2009
NOTE: AppRanking has been deprecated in favor of Applyzer.
Michael Dorn has updated AppRanking to version 1.1.1 and made it even more WOW. I tried it out with the app ID for iWoman and was rather astonished to see that my app has made it into the top 10 apps of category Health&Fitness in 8 countries. This could happen to you to if you start checking out changes of your app’s ranks with with useful tool.
- Rankings are now saved (optional)
- Export to CSV of ranking history
- AppIDs are now saved
- Expanded instructions
- Lots of bug fixes
- No pretty icon, yet
- Don’t click on the header to sort the results while update is in progress. You might mix up countries and ranks. But that’s only a display issue, ranks seem to be saved correctly in the history.
Note that you can easily select all countries by clicking on the header above the country checkboxes.
AppRanking for FREE (No longer available, see above note)
It’s a ZIP file with an Mac APP inside. Again, like all free software this comes without any warranty. Use at your own risk.
Mar 29, 2009
Since we released LuckyWheel 1.0.2 together with a Lite Version we have around 1000 new downloads every day. Of course we are listening to all the user feedback und therefore I am hastily pushing out a new update. This is mostly aimed at the many Italian users, but one change will also benefit Spanish and French players.
- Italian UI and Instructions added
- accented letters are now counted as guessed correctly if you guess the non-accented letter. i.e. E = È
- completely replaced Italian proverbs with cleaned up set
- prettier icon
Depending on how long Apple takes to check it out I guess you will see the update appear in about one week.
Mar 24, 2009
New Version out now!! Get it before the success goes to our heads and we decide to raise the price.
- added Spanish, Dutch, French, Italian proverbs
- added Spanish, Dutch Localization
- minor fixes
Also, Crazy Mike’s Apps graciously reviewed LuckyWheel and seems to like it, too!
“A Cool Game for the Price”.
“[…]found the puzzles to be quite challenging”
“A cool twist to this game is that it can be played in the English or German languages. You must change the language in your iPhone settings to do this, but this is a nice international option. The next Lucky Wheel version will have language options for English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, and Dutch (very cool).”
Also as of this version there is a LuckyWheel Lite that lets you play 10 word puzzles in every supported language.
Mar 17, 2009
<a href="http://www.cocoanetics.com/index.php/geocorder/"GeoCorder 1.0.2 is now publicly available.
- added option to continue a recording
- added icon for tracks in track overview
- Changed all trackpoint times to UTC as per GPX spec
- removed HDOP and VDOP digits right of comma
- added proper time sorting of trackpoints in exported tracks