I’m seeing this issue on my main phone after having begun to use the iOS 7 GM on it.
Filed as rdar://15056186 and on Open Radar.
My iPhone 5 (A1429) shut down with 19% battery why running Tweetbot and reading tweets via 3G network. Pushing the power button showed the “need to charge” pictogram. Immediately on connecting it to a charger the OS boots and shows 19% battery.
Steps to Reproduce
- Charge full in the morning
- Let the device discharge until around 20%
- Go walk the dog and surf the internet over shoddy 3G
- see a battery warning
- be able to continue to use it
- the device should shut down only when the battery is empty
- no warning is shown
- the device simply shuts down (you see the spinner)
iOS 7.0 (11A4449d)
Other users report the same issue: e.g. rdar://15056120
iPhone 5 (A1429)
Categories: Bug Reports