There are a couple of users of MyAppSales who have been collecting daily reports since the first feeble beginnings. Turns out that if you have upwards of 300 reports in your apps.db then the previous method of loading everything at program start has a major drawback. There is a watchdog timer which kills any app that takes more than 20 seconds to start which caused a couple of users grief because that’s how long it took to load on iPhone 2G or 3G if you had that many reports.
This release is all about startup speed. On my own iPhone 3GS I managed to get from 12 seconds down to about 2. Also I was intrigued by the request to add a Tweetie-2-like Pull-To-Refresh mechanism, so that’s in there as well.
- ADDED: Added Pull-to-Refresh on all review table views. Just like in Tweetie 2.
- CHANGED: If a review text or rating changes then the review will now be updated and marked as changed.
- FIXED: Country assignments for some report regions where incorrect causing financial reports to be incorrectly rejected as duplicate. Fixed translation language for China.
- FIXED: Changed from GET to POST for Google Translations to support extra long review texts.
- FIXED: Bug would cause link between InAppPurchase and App to disappear upon restart
- CHANGED: Rewrote totalling to cache and replace averaging
- CHANGED: Numerous performance improvements
- ADDED: Lazy loading for reviews for additional speed improvement on startup
- ADDED: Transparent 2-stage loading of reviews to speed up opening of review page for an app
- CHANGED: Made more UI elements opaque to speed up table view drawing
- ADDED: Financial and Monthly Free download on Import/Export homepage
Generally if you have any issues after applying this update then please go to the settings page and tap “Empty Caches”. This removes all the cached .dat files keeping information for faster access.
Now that I am coding full time I can spend hours and hours on lots of things. I have to literally force myself not to take on too much before releasing a new version. I’ll have to start updating all my other apps, create some new ones and then there are some looming contracts.